- CHOOSE YOUR PROPERTY TYPE: To search homes for sale, select “Residential.” To go for custom lots, make sure they are selected instead.
- USE SPECIAL LISTING CONDITIONS: To single out (or to exclude) short sales or lender-owned homes, click on Special Listing Conditions. Then choose what you want. (click on the blue letters to change from OR to AND or NOT).
- CHANGE THE STATUS TO INCLUDE ONLY “ACTIVE” LISTINGS: All of the AWC listings already have an accepted offer.
- USE THE MAPPING TOOL TO SEARCH: You can create a custom search area on a map to search any area you want. It will start out showing the entire Phoenix area, so first zoom in to the area you want by doubling clicking in that part of the map. Then create a rectangle, circle or custom shape with the tools at the very bottom of the map over exactly the area to search. It’s AWESOME!
- CREATE YOUR OWN ACCOUNT LIKE AN AGENT: SAVE your search and/or your favorite listings. You can create your own user account that will let you save your searches and track favorite properties just like an agent. It’s also the key can even automatically email you when a new listing comes up that matches your search!
- CREATE AND SAVE YOUR OWN SEARCHES: First you have to create a user account, and then you can save a search and have the MLS automatically email you the moment a new listing comes available that matches your search. You’ll be the first to see it so you can be the first one there!
- CHECK THE TAX RECORDS: Under the “Details” tab at the top right are three sub-tabs. Taxes is one, and it’s loaded with good info. The tax records will show if a home in currently in foreclosure (and all the details if so…) and display all past sales of the property. This is also where you can find the exact square footage of the lot and the assessed square footage of the home (which is not always accurate…).
- CHECK OUT ALL THE PHOTOS: The MLS no longer limits the number of photos that can be uploaded for a single home, and sometimes there are GREAT pictures to give you a feel for the property.
- USE THE “MAP” TOOL: It’s the fastest way to see where the home is situated in the neighborhood – backed up to a major road, in a cul-de-sac, or next to a park. You’ll know with a glance.
- GET PRE-QUALIFIED WITH AN EXPERT LENDER: A 10-minute phone call to get pre-qualified with a lender is the most useful thing you can do before starting to search for a new home. Your lender is one of the most important people in helping you have a great move. Choose someone outstanding to help you – it will pay off big-time! Want a few suggestions to first rate lenders? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you find a home you’d like to see, simply click Request Showing at the top or give me a quick phone call and I’ll get it set up for you. If you’d like a referral to a great lender, it would be my pleasure to help. I choose to work with some of the best in the business – and so should you!